These little cups of goodness are prefect for when the sweet snack attack hits! I am a lover of chocolate (as anyone close to me can attest) so I packed these beauties with some goodness for deeper satisfaction. Super simple and I keep them in a container in the fridge so I can grab one on the go!
Block of dark chocolate (I used the Trade Aid one)
Coconut oil (Chantal Organics)
Almond butter (I choose the smooth creamy Chantal Organics)
Chia seeds (again Chantal Organics)
Organic mixed berries
- Chai Jam- Blend 1/2 a cup of berries to make a nice smooth paste, add in about 2 T of Chia seeds and leave to swell over a few hours.
- Once the Chia jam is ready to go slowly* melt the chocolate and about a teaspoon of coconut oil over a pot of simmering water until smooth and melted.
- Pour chocolate into silicon cup moulds to cover the base.
- Spoon a blob of Almond butter carefully into the cup on top of the chocolate layer, drop a blob of chia jam on top of that.
- Pour another layer of chocolate over the lot and put in the fridge to set.
- Once set, carefully pop out each cup, put one in your mouth and enjoy!
*there is a reason to do this slowly as I found out with my first attempt! Ahhhhh yeah burnt dark chocolate not good... you can really taste the magnesium! I had to start again, so don't make my mistake.