This intimate 3 day training with Nikki Ralston is dedicated to learning how to best serve and understand students with limitations and injuries while connecting with other likeminded yoga teachers. Safety and individual attention are becoming less and less common in many yoga classes, while large all-levels, athletic classes are sadly becoming the industry norm. Nikki’s aim is to make yoga functional, affective and available to people from all walks of life, especially the ones who need it most!
This training will give you the tools excel as a teacher who can speak to many different people. A teacher who can see each individual and offer appropriate solutions with compassion and understanding. This advanced module will help you teach full group classes as well as private sessions with more skill, understanding and compassion.
- To understand unique skeletal structure and how to asses when a posture just isn’t meant for someone!
- Explore a variety of musculoskeletal injuries and biomechanical problems related to the various areas of the body
- Develop ways to modify a variety of fundamental poses to have clear communication and help resolve common injuries through yoga
- Sharpen your observational skills, to be able to see beyond the external and start to identify inherent patterns
- Learn to demonstrate modified poses empathetically in order to teach a more inclusive and accessible yoga class
- Understand common conditions and injuries and how to offer the appropriate therapeutic solutions: areas such as the neck, rotator cuff, lower back, sacrum, hips, knees, and feet, and conditions such as tendonitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, and more.
- How to create therapeutic practices, tailored to integrate alignment and form to foster ease and longevity in the practice
- How to apply therapeutic hands-on adjustments on each other in order to help students and private clients.